Thursday, October 18, 2012

Another Day of Being Unemployed

I have learned how to make paragraph breaks, so I will try it in this entry. Maybe I won't create another huge block of hard to read text.

I filled out another tedious application and took it to the nursing home. The staff member I handed my resume to asked me, "LVN or RN?"

"RN," I said.

She raised her eyebrows like it was impressive or unusual. I wish it was. I didn't tell her I had a bachelor's degree. It is not something I like to share. It seems to only make things harder. Who wants to hire an older BSN when you can hire a young LVN or ADN?

I do find myself growing a little bitter sometimes. I have to fight against it. I open the blinds to let in the sunlight as soon as I get up in the morning so I can catch myself before I sink into my little sea of despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment